Monday, December 12, 2005

Recharging in Buzios


Not much to report other than slothdom and some beautiful beaches. The beaches here are really quite nice, the water is blue and pretty clear, but I think the beaches in Boracay, Philippines, can't be beat. Still, I've had a pretty good time here. I am not a huge sit on the beach kind of person, so it's nice to have the main street in Buzios to visit as well.

Unlike simon I am loving being a sloth here on the beach and was thrilled when it started raining. I am definitely taking this opportunity to recharge before heading off to Bahia tonight. I am getting a little antsy and that's a good sign. I need some down time every now and then. But I'm excited for two weeks of Salvador and National Parks.

I will echo everything simon has said about Marly and her family. The food has been fantastic and they've been really nice. But I must say, as we've been gone for almost four weeks, I really miss Chinese food. Or any kind of asian food. I would kill for a bowl of noodles right now. SFAC staff, please have lunch at home menu for me. I don't think I'm gonna find anything in Brazil, so it's down to Argentina in a few weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's the beach pics? CARNAVAL!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Anonymous said...

more booty shots!! you're in Brazil right?

Hey guys, this is Clarence. as if you didn't know from that first comment. sounds and looks like you guys are having the best time. Oh how I wish I could be there with you guys. keep on writing and taking photos and keeping me wishing I didn't get a job after all.

Anonymous said...

Noodles is pasta with soup. Capellini with any broth, stir fry anything and plop on top.
Everywhere has pasta......
You need a pot,and a stove.
At least you're not looking for bug spray or tea tree oil anymore.
I itched for you on that part of the trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Crap. I'm out of the instant oatmeal and ramen noodles you bequeathed to me already. Guess I have to make that windy trek down Van Ness, past the ever alluring Goodwill to HM for Singapore Noodles.

Did you bring your i pod? Any requests for cheesey american tunes? I thought I'd send Isaiah's favorite song: "I Like to move it, move it..." or should I just save my money for the plastic surgery?

Still in the basement,
Lenoue